I really should be working right now, but the girls are asleep and I just want look through pictures and reminisce about our trip. We went to Europe with the whole Taylor clan (except babies). We did Paris and London with everyone and then Chad and I went to Switzerland alone in the middle of the trip. It was 8 lovely days filled with delicious food, insane amounts of walking, bundling up in coats, beanies, and gloves, lots of quality bonding time, and way too many pictures. And 2 long travel days of course.
I LOVED it. Some of the best moments were amazing and grand, but more often though, they are the perfectly ordinary moments all along the way. Here are a few of my favorite moments of the trip:
Day 1: Paris
- Laughing with everyone in the freezing wind and rain as we climbed 700 stairs up to the second story of the Eiffel Tower.
- Holding hands with Chad as we walked across a bridge and saw the most magical sunset.
Day 2: Paris
- Taking an hour to walk a half a mile to enjoy the sun and the beautiful things people were selling along the Seine. We found the yummiest Eiffel Tower gummies in the most out-of-place pirate candy store.
- Finding the best crepes near Notre Dame and Chad “accidently” eating more than his fair share of Kate’s crepe.
Day 3: Versailles
- Biking through the gorgeous gardens of Versailles and picnicking with the most delicious farmers’ market lunch.
Day 4: Mt. Pilatus
- Riding a gondola to the top of Mt. Pilatus. When the gondola dipped a bit, a big tour group on the gondola with us screamed and then cheered in unison when we didn’t die.
- Chad throwing a snowball at me. I don’t know why it was so much more fun in the Alps. Minutes later I slipped on the ice and an Italian man helped Chad pick me back up while we all doubled over laughing.
Day 5: Lucerne
- Finding a giant chocolate store with a million truffles and a chocolate fountain wall inside!
- Eating lunch overlooking Lake Lucerne on a cute red bench and just enjoying the beauty of this darling town.
Day 6: Zurich
- Scootering around the waterfront with Chad by my side, avoiding cobblestone like the devil.
Day 7: London
- Making another wish in the Buckingham Palace fountain. I’m a big fan of fountain wishes.
- Walking through SoHo and admiring all the darling shops.
- Standing in the security line outside of the British Museum in the pouring rain with four of us huddled under one umbrella. Kate kept saying, “There is SO much happening right now!” as we all stepped on each others toes laughing.
Day 8: London
- Eating some amazing fish and chips in the Borough Market. I could go back every single day.
- Riding a double decker bus listening to our guides hilarious commentary and looking out at my favorite city. It was perfect.
Hooray for family trips and some lovely time with just Chad. I’m so grateful we got to go thanks to my wonderful mom watching our girls for us. Until next time beautiful Europe!